Jump to Main Content
- Shin, Chan Young, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2013 v.438 pp. 420-426
- astrocytes; brain; cell culture; cell death; cytokines; general anesthetics; inducible nitric oxide synthase; lipopolysaccharides; mitogen-activated protein kinase; neurons; nitric oxide; rats
- ... Despite the extensive use of propofol in general anesthetic procedures, the effects of propofol on glial cell were not completely understood. In lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated rat primary astrocytes and BV2 microglial cell lines, co-treatment of propofol synergistically induced inflammatory activation as evidenced by the increased production of NO, ROS and expression of iNOS, MMP-9 and severa ...
- Shin, Chan Young, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Life sciences 2013 v.92 no.17-19 pp. 929-937
- Western blotting; astrocytes; brain; casein; cell viability; gene expression; gene expression regulation; glucose; messenger RNA; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction; t-plasminogen activator; translation (genetics)
- ... AIMS: Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) is an essential neuromodulator whose involvement in multiple functions such as synaptic plasticity, cytokine-like immune function and regulation of cell survival mandates rapid and tight tPA regulation in the brain. We investigated the possibility that a transient metabolic challenge induced by glucose deprivation may affect tPA activity in rat primary astr ...