Jump to Main Content
- Madhappan Santha Moorthy; Deok-Jin Seo; Hyun-Jin Song; Sung Soo Park; Chang-Sik Ha
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2013 v.1 no.40 pp. 12485-12496
- acid treatment; adsorbents; adsorption; ammonia; aqueous solutions; boric acid; boron; calcium; chlorides; copper; glycidol; hydrochloric acid; iron; magnesium; magnetic fields; metal ions; moieties; molecular weight; nanoparticles; nickel; polymers; porosity; porous media; potassium; silica; sodium; sulfates; surface area
- ... Novel core–shell magnetic mesoporous silica hybrid nanoparticles were synthesized and functionalized further with a glycidol reagent to produce boron-specific cis-diol, chelating functional derivatives. The resulting core–shell hybrid nanoparticles were found to be a better alternative to the existing boron adsorbents that had been modified with large molecular weight saccharide moieties and polym ...
- Joanna Kluczka; Teofil Korolewicz; Maria Zołotajkin; Wojciech Simka; Malwina Raczek
- Environmental technology 2013 v.34 no.11 pp. 1369-1376
- adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; batch systems; boron; energy; enthalpy; entropy; environmental technology; freshwater; heat production; models; pH; temperature; zirconium
- ... A new adsorbent based on natural clinoptilolite and amorphous zirconium dioxide (ZrO₂) was prepared for the uptake of boron from fresh water. The sorption behaviour of this adsorbent for boron was investigated using a batch system and found to obey Langmuir, Freundlich and Dubinin–Radushkevich (D–R) isotherm models. The ZrO₂ loading level, pH, temperature, contact time, initial boron concentration ...