Jump to Main Content
- Peters, Jacqueline; Dollman, James; Petkov, John; Parletta, Natalie
- Public health nutrition 2013 v.16 no.11 pp. 1979-1987
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; caregivers; child nutrition; children; food choices; fruits; lifestyle; models; nutrition education; parenting; parents; questionnaires; regression analysis; takeout foods; television; variance; vegetable consumption; vegetables; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... During the early years, parents have a major influence on children's diets and developing food choices. We investigated parenting styles as predictors of 2–5-year-old children's diets and whether general nutrition knowledge (GNK) mediated these influences. Cross-sectional research. Questionnaires measured demographic and lifestyle variables, family environment, parenting styles and feeding practic ...
- Cairns, Georgina; Angus, Kathryn; Hastings, Gerard; Caraher, Martin
- Appetite 2013 v.62 pp. 209-215
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; beverages; child nutrition; children; food marketing; systematic review; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... A 2009 systematic review of the international evidence on food and beverage marketing to children is the most recent internationally comprehensive review of the evidence base. Its findings are consistent with other independent, rigorous reviews conducted during the period 2003–2012. Food promotions have a direct effect on children’s nutrition knowledge, preferences, purchase behaviour, consumption ...