Jump to Main Content
- Peters, Jacqueline; Dollman, James; Petkov, John; Parletta, Natalie
- Public health nutrition 2013 v.16 no.11 pp. 1979-1987
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; caregivers; child nutrition; children; food choices; fruits; lifestyle; models; nutrition education; parenting; parents; questionnaires; regression analysis; takeout foods; television; variance; vegetable consumption; vegetables; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... During the early years, parents have a major influence on children's diets and developing food choices. We investigated parenting styles as predictors of 2–5-year-old children's diets and whether general nutrition knowledge (GNK) mediated these influences. Cross-sectional research. Questionnaires measured demographic and lifestyle variables, family environment, parenting styles and feeding practic ...
- Deanna Pucciarelli,; McNeany, Terry; Friesen, Carol
- The Journal of child nutrition & management 2013 v.37 no.2
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; adolescents; boys; cafeterias; child nutrition; childhood obesity; education; food choices; food consumption; foods; gender; girls; healthy diet; nutritionists; students; surveys; Indiana; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Purpose/Objectives School cafeterias have the potential to positively contribute to the prevention and treatment of childhood obesity. The purpose of this project was to assess adolescents’ nutrition knowledge and dietary choices, and to measure the relationship between students’ nutrition knowledge and the type of food items purchased in their school cafeteria using Indiana’s legal definition of ...