Jump to Main Content
- Kremer, S.; Hulst, J.; Boesveldt, S.
- Appetite 2013 v.71 pp. 480
- pizza, etc ; Internet; body weight; breads; cheeses; cookies; eating habits; elderly; females; food intake; males; meat; men; milk; nuts; potato chips; quality of life; ready-to-eat foods; salads; smell; snacks; surveys; women; yogurt; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The relative proportion of the elderly in the population is rapidly growing worldwide. Consequently there is a growing need to develop strategies that enable the elderly to maintain their health and quality of life for as long as possible. Ensuring sufficient food intake plays an important role, since body weight tends to involuntarily decrease with age. The present study aimed to explore the curr ...
- Davis, Nichola J; Schechter, Clyde B; Ortega, Felix; Rosen, Rosa; Wylie-Rosett, Judith; Walker, Elizabeth A
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2013 v.97 no.4 pp. 878-885
- pizza, etc ; food frequency questionnaires; Blacks; adults; Hispanics; linear models; eating habits; sweets; starch; trans fatty acids; fried foods; nutritional intervention; meat; factor analysis; clinical nutrition; diabetes; food intake; regression analysis; vegetables; Caribbean; New York; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Background: An understanding of dietary patterns in diverse populations may guide the development of food-based, rather than nutrient-based, recommendations.Objective: We identified and determined predictors of dietary patterns in low-income black and Hispanic adults with diagnosed diabetes.Design: A food-frequency questionnaire was used to assess dietary intake in 235 adults living in the South B ...
- PubMed Central: