Jump to Main Content
- Gupta, Ashish Deep; Bansal, Vipin Kumar; Babu, Vikash; Maithil, Nishi
- Journal of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology 2013 v.11 pp. 25-31
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Aspergillus niger; Myristica fragrans; Staphylococcus aureus; acetone; alpha-pinene; antifungal properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bacteria; beta-carotene; beta-pinene; bleaching; butanol; carvacrol; ethanol; eugenol; fungi; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; methanol; nutmeg; p-cymene; sabinene; seed extracts
- ... Antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt) seed extracts were evaluated. Seeds were extracted with acetone, ethanol, methanol, butanol and water. All the extracts have shown significant antioxidant and antimicrobial activities against the tested microorganisms. Among all extracts, acetone extract has shown the highest antioxidant activity. The acetone extract sho ...
- Menaceur, Fouad; Benchabane, Ahmed; Hazzit, Mohamed; Baaliouamer, Aoumeur
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 87-96
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Juniperus phoenicea; alpha-pinene; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; chemical composition; essential oils; ethanol; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; leaves; microwave treatment; quercetin; small fruits; solvents
- ... Essential oils of Algerian Juniperus phoenicea L. obtained from leaves and berries by hydrodistillation (HD) and from berries by Solvent Free Microwave Assisted Extraction (SFMAE) were investigated using both capillary GC and GC-MS techniques. The monoterpene hydrocarbons constituted the most prominent group of constituents (43.2-86.5 %) in the three essential oils with α-pinene (34.4-80.8 %) as t ...