Jump to Main Content
- Black, Roy, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food policy 2013 v.41 pp. 39-52
- corn; farmers; fertilizer rates; mineral fertilizers; nitrogen; profitability; research planning; surveys; Kenya
- ... It is widely perceived that African farmers are under-utilizing inorganic fertilizer. However, very little long-term evidence from farmers’ fields, accounting for variations in agro-ecological conditions, has been assembled to back this claim or determine the conditions under which it is true. Using five waves of nationwide household survey data from Kenya covering 13years, we estimate the relativ ...
- Black, Alistair, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2013 v.57 pp. 713-719
- Dactylis glomerata; Phleum pratense; Trifolium repens; biomass production; community structure; earthworms; experimental design; fertilizer rates; grasses; grassland soils; grasslands; legumes; plant communities; planting; species diversity; Ireland
- ... Diversity of plant species and the species composition (identity) are known to influence below-ground diversity. In this paper we examine the effects of plant species diversity (richness and evenness), rates of nitrogen application and planting density, on earthworm community structure in grassland. The study was carried out at three sites in Ireland using a Simplex experimental design to define t ...