Jump to Main Content
- Little, Ian T.; Hockey, Philip A.R.; Jansen, Raymond
- Biological conservation 2013 v.158 pp. 258-270
- Orthoptera; arthropods; biomass; birds; burning; ecosystems; farms; fires; food availability; grasslands; grazing; habitat destruction; insectivores; stocking rate; summer; South Africa
- ... In this study, we investigated the responses of two faunal groups, birds and arthropods, to varying degrees of disturbance caused by fire and grazing in South Africa, eight study sites of varying fire frequency and stocking density were studied over two summer seasons (October–March). Bird assemblages reflected habitat disturbance in a diversity of ways, driven by factors ranging from direct distu ...
- Csargo, Isak J.; Brown, Michael L.; Ward, Matthew J.
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2013 v.25 no.1 pp. 24-34
- Micropterus salmoides; condition factor; correlation; feeds; fingerlings; food availability; photoperiod; protein composition; protein energy ratio; starter cultures; starter diets; stocking rate; tanks; water temperature; weaning
- ... We compared performance (growth, survival, and condition) of northern largemouth bass Micropterus salmoides salmoides fingerlings fed one of three commercial starter feeds: Otohime Marine Weaning (OMW; Marubeni Nisshin Feed), Bio-Oregon BiVita Fry (BVF; Bio-Oregon), and Purina Aquamax Starter (PAS; PMI Nutrition International LLC). Nine 833-L circular tanks, connected in parallel to a recirculatio ...