Jump to Main Content
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2013 v.64 no.7 pp. 1863-1878
- Solanum lycopersicum; auxins; biogenesis; fruiting; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; loci; messenger RNA; microRNA; ripening; tomatoes; transcription factors
- ... MicroRNAs (miRNAs) play important roles in plant development through regulation of gene expression by mRNA degradation or translational inhibition. Despite the fact that tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) is the model system for studying fleshy fruit development and ripening, only a few experimentally proven miRNA targets are known, and the role of miRNA action in these processes remains largely unknow ...
- PubMed Central:
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Infection, genetics, and evolution 2013 v.18 pp. 87-93
- Anopheles gambiae; blood; chemical composition; cluster analysis; discriminant analysis; gas chromatography; genes; glass; histocompatibility antigens; host seeking; hosts; humans; insect attractants; lactic acid; least squares; malaria; mass spectrometry; odors; phenylethyl alcohol; volatile compounds; volunteers
- ... Chemical cues are considered to be the most important cues for mosquitoes to find their hosts and humans can be ranked for attractiveness to mosquitoes based on the chemical cues they emit. Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) genes are considered to be involved in the regulation of human body odor and may therefore affect human attractiveness to mosquitoes, and hence, affect the force of malaria transmi ...