Jump to Main Content
- Stander, Maria A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of chromatography 2013 v.1319 pp. 127-140
- acylation; anthocyanins; black beans; blueberries; cabbage; glycosylation; grapes; hydrophilic interaction chromatography; hydrophilicity; mass spectrometry; phenolic compounds; radishes; reversed-phase liquid chromatography; silica
- ... Hydrophilic interaction chromatography (HILIC) provides an alternative separation mode for the analysis of phenolic compounds, in which aqueous-organic mobile phases with polar stationary phases are used. This paper reports the evaluation of HILIC for the analysis of the natural pigments anthocyanins, which are of importance because of their chromophoric properties and a range of health benefits a ...
- Stander, Maria A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2013 v.85 no.19 pp. 9107-9115
- chemical composition; comprehensive two-dimensional liquid chromatography; fluorescence; grape seed extract; grape seeds; grapes; hydrophilic interaction chromatography; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; ionization; mass spectrometry; polymerization; proanthocyanidins; procyanidins; reversed-phase liquid chromatography; tannins; viticulture; winemaking
- ... Despite the significant importance of tannins in viticulture and enology, relatively little is known about the detailed chemical composition of these molecules. This is due to challenges associated with the accurate analytical determination of the highly structurally diverse proanthocyanidins which comprise tannins. In this contribution, we address this limitation by demonstrating how online compr ...