Jump to Main Content
- Hashim, Nor Rasidah, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2013 v.70 no.6 pp. 2425-2436
- biomass; boating; burning; coasts; ecosystems; emissions; estuaries; gas chromatography; humans; mass spectrometry; molecular weight; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sediment contamination; sediments; Indonesia; Malaysia
- ... This is a comprehensive study of the composition, origin and sources of specific polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in sediments of mangrove estuary in the western part of Peninsular Malaysia. Mangrove sediments were analyzed for 17 PAHs by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry. Total PAH concentrations in the sediments ranged from 20 to 112 ng/g on a dry-weight basis. High molecular weight PA ...
- Periyalil, Hashim A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Nutrients 2013 v.5 no.9 pp. 3506-3530
- adipocytes; adipose tissue; adolescents; adults; animal models; asthma; body image; childhood obesity; children; chronic diseases; cytokines; free fatty acids; homeostasis; humans; hypertension; inflammation; macrophage activation; macrophages; mast cells; metabolic syndrome; metabolome; neoplasms; phenotype; risk factors; self-esteem; therapeutics
- ... Obesity is now recognised as a worldwide epidemic. The recent International Association for the Study of Obesity/International Obesity Taskforce (IASO/IOTF) analysis estimates that approximately 1.0 billion adults are currently overweight and a further 475 million are obese. Obesity has huge psychosocial impact with obese children and adolescents facing discrimination and stigmatization in many ar ...
- PubMed Central:
- Abdul-Khaliq, Hashim, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2013 v.108 pp. 305-312
- adhesion; bone formation; bone marrow; carbon; coatings; colloids; dentistry; endothelial cells; fibroblasts; humans; hydrophobicity; in vitro studies; orthopedics; prostheses; stainless steel; stem cells; surgery; topography
- ... Cell-material surface interaction plays a critical role in osseointegration of prosthetic implants used in orthopedic surgeries and dentistry. Different technical approaches exist to improve surface properties of such implants either by coating or by modification of their topography. Femtosecond laser treatment was used in this study to generate microspotted lines separated by 75, 125, or 175μm wi ...