Jump to Main Content
- Lockhart, Brian Roy, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Annals of forest science 2013 v.70 no.8 pp. 813-823
- Quercus nigra; Quercus pagoda; hardwood forests; interspecific competition; intraspecific competition; trees; United States
- ... •CONTEXT : Understanding tree interactions requires an insight into their spatial distribution. •AIMS : We looked for presence and extent of tree intraspecific spatial point pattern (random, aggregated, or overdispersed) and interspecific spatial point pattern (independent, aggregated, or segregated). •METHODS : We established twelve 0.64-ha plots in natural bottomland hardwood stands in the south ...
- Lockhart, Brian Roy, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant ecology 2013 v.214 no.7 pp. 893-905
- Lindera; anthropogenic activities; canopy gaps; clones; endangered species; forests; growing season; habitats; interspecific competition; soil; stem elongation; stems
- ... Passive management to preserve endangered plant species involves measures to avoid anthropogenic disturbance of natural populations, but this approach may not sustain plants that require disturbance-maintained habitats. Active management is often necessary to maintain existing habitats or provide new habitats for endangered species recovery. Our objective was to examine the effects of two disturba ...