Jump to Main Content
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of cereal science 2013 v.57 no.1 pp. 21-29
- Triticum turgidum; chromosome mapping; cultivars; doubled haploids; durum wheat; gluten; introgression; loci; microsatellite repeats; molecular cloning; polymerase chain reaction; product quality; quantitative trait loci; semolina; North Dakota
- ... Gluten strength is an important characteristic, determining the end product quality of durum wheat semolina. To identify the genetic basis of gluten strength in North Dakota durum cultivars, a doubled haploid population was developed from the cross of a weak gluten cultivar ‘Rugby’ and a strong gluten cultivar ‘Maier’. A framework linkage map consisting of 228 markers was constructed and used with ...
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Functional & integrative genomics 2013 v.13 no.1 pp. 19-32
- Brachypodium distachyon; Oryza sativa; Sorghum bicolor; Triticum aestivum; chromosome mapping; cytoplasm; genes; hybrids; loci; nuclear-cytoplasmic interactions; wheat
- ... The species cytoplasm specific (scs) genes affect nuclear-cytoplasmic interactions in interspecific hybrids. A radiation hybrid (RH) mapping population of 188 individuals was employed to refine the location of the scs ᵃᵉ locus on Triticum aestivum chromosome 1D. “Wheat Zapper,” a comparative genomics tool, was used to predict synteny between wheat chromosome 1D, Oryza sativa, Brachypodium distachy ...