Jump to Main Content
- Hirata, Ryuichi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological research 2013 v.28 no.5 pp. 893-905
- biogeochemical cycles; carbon; case studies; ecosystems; forests; models; East Asia
- ... The process of confining unnecessary freedom is a step toward advanced ecosystem modeling. This study demonstrates the importance of carbon flux and biometric observation in constraining a terrestrial ecosystem model with a simple optimization scheme. At the selected sites from AsiaFlux network, a simultaneous optimization scheme for both carbon flux and biomass was compared with carbon flux-orien ...
- Hirata, Ryuichi, et al. Show all 35 Authors
- Journal of forest research 2013 v.18 no.1 pp. 13-20
- biogeochemical cycles; boreal forests; carbon; ecosystem respiration; eddy covariance; models; net ecosystem exchange; primary productivity; tropical forests
- ... Based on the model–data comparison at the eddy-covariance observation sites from CarboEastAsia datasets, we report the current status of the terrestrial carbon cycle modeling in monsoon Asia. In order to assess the modeling performance and discuss future requirements for both modeling and observation efforts in Asia, we ran eight terrestrial biosphere models at 24 sites from 1901 to 2010. By analy ...