Jump to Main Content
- Blanco-Canqui, Humberto; Holman, John D.; Schlegel, Alan J.; Tatarko, John; Shaver, Tim M.
- Soil Science Society of America Journal 2013 v.77 no.3 pp. 1026
- agricultural runoff, etc ; Haplustolls; Lens culinaris; Pisum sativum; Triticum aestivum; aggregate stability; continuous cropping; cover crops; fallow; losses from soil; nitrate nitrogen; no-tillage; peas; phosphorus; sediment yield; semiarid soils; semiarid zones; silt loam soils; soil aggregation; soil organic carbon; spring; triticale; water erosion; wind erosion; winter; winter wheat; Great Plains region; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Replacement of fallow in crop–fallow systems with cover crops (CCs) may improve soil properties. We assessed whether replacing fallow in no-till winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)–fallow with winter and spring CCs for 5 yr reduced wind and water erosion, increased soil organic carbon (SOC), and improved soil physical properties on a Ulysses silt loam (fine-silty, mixed, superactive, mesic Aridic ...
- Knight, Scott Stephen; Locke, Martin Anderson; Smith Jr., Sammie
- Soil and Water Research 2013 v.8 no.3 pp. 113
- agricultural runoff, etc ; agricultural land; agricultural watersheds; alluvial plains; best management practices; conservation practices; conservation tillage; cover crops; farms; fish; groundwater; groundwater contamination; herbicide residues; herbicides; losses from soil; nitrate nitrogen; nonpoint source pollution; oxbow lakes; phosphorus; plankton; pollutants; pollution control; riparian areas; sediment transport; sediment yield; sediments; water quality; Mississippi River; United States; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Globally, agricultural lands are considered to major sources of nonpoint source pollutants such as sediment, pesticides and nutrients in the United States. While conservation practices have been tested for their effectiveness in reducing agricultural related pollutants on test plot scales, they typically have not been evaluated on a farm watershed scale nor have they been evaluated in terms of the ...