Jump to Main Content
- Barradas, Ana M. C.; Monticone, Veronica; Hulsman, Marc; Danoux, Charlène; Fernandes, Hugo; Tahmasebi Birgani, Zeinab; Barrère-de Groot, Florence; Yuan, Huipin; Reinders, Marcel; Habibovic, Pamela; van Blitterswijk, Clemens; de Boer, Jan
- Integrative biology 2013 v.5 no.7 pp. 920-931
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; DNA microarrays; G-proteins; bioactive properties; bone formation; bone marrow; cAMP-dependent protein kinase; calcium; cell structures; ceramics; genes; humans; hydroxyapatite; ions; mesenchymal stromal cells; models; osteocalcin; osteopontin; physicochemical properties; sheep; signal transduction; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Calcium phosphate (CaP) based ceramics are used as bone graft substitutes in the treatment of bone defects. The physico-chemical properties of these materials determine their bioactivity, meaning that molecular and cellular responses in the body will be tuned accordingly. In a previous study, we compared two porous CaP ceramics, hydroxyapatite (HA) and β-tricalcium phosphate (TCP), which, among ot ...
- Yadav, Dinesh K.; Shukla, Devesh; Tuteja, Narendra
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2013 v.63 pp. 262-271
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; G-proteins; Oryza sativa; Sorghum (Poaceae); abscisic acid; barley; cold; corn; crops; databases; gene expression regulation; genes; heavy metals; models; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; rice; sequence analysis; signal transduction; sodium chloride; stress response; stress tolerance; temperature; water stress; wheat; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Heterotrimeric G-protein complexes (Gα, Gβ and Gγ) operate at the apex of diverse signal transduction systems along with their cognate transmembrane G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) and appropriate downstream effectors in the plant. Rice Gα in response to stress has not been well studied. Here, we report the in silico analysis of Gα subunit from Oryza sativa cv. Indica group Swarna [RGA1(I), ac ...