Jump to Main Content
- Hanaki, Ken-Ichi; Ike, Fumio; Hatakeyama, Rika; Hirano, Norio
- Journal of virological methods 2013 v.187 no.2 pp. 222-227
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; cattle; feces; humans; mice; monitoring; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification; swine; viruses; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Mouse hepatitis virus (MHV) is one of the most prevalent viruses detected in laboratory mouse colonies. Enterotropic strains predominate in natural infections, and molecular techniques for the detection of MHV shedding in feces are powerful enough to diagnose active infections. A reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) technique was developed for the detection of rod ...
- Wang, Qing; Erickson, Marilyn C.; Ortega, Ynes; Cannon, Jennifer L.
- Journal of food protection 2013 v.76 no.1 pp. 85-92
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; cantaloupes; celery; humans; peeling; fresh produce; Hepatovirus A; models; sanitation; food preparation; cross contamination; honeydew melons; mice; viruses; water; Norovirus; carrots; nylon; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Human noroviruses and hepatitis A virus are responsible for numerous outbreaks associated with handling fresh produce. In this study, physical removal of hepatitis A virus and murine norovirus, a human norovirus surrogate, from contaminated produce items (honeydew melons, cantaloupes, carrots, and celery) by scrubbing under running water with a nylon brush or scouring pad and by peeling (carrots a ...