Jump to Main Content
- Zavareze, Elessandra da Rosa, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2013 v.93 no.9 pp. 2331-2337
- alkali treatment; chlorine; corn starch; enzymatic hydrolysis; gelatinization; granules; industrial applications; modified starch; oxidation; pastes; pasting properties; sodium hydroxide; sodium hypochlorite; temperature; thermal properties; viscosity
- ... BACKGROUND: Few studies on starch modifications using different chemical agents are available in the literature, and no reports were found on the combined effect of oxidation and alkaline treatment of corn starch. Thus this work evaluated the physicochemical, pasting, morphological, cystallinity and thermal properties of chemically modified corn starch, after either the isolated or combined action ...
- Zavareze, Elessandra da Rosa, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2013 v.98 no.2 pp. 1578-1584
- autoclaving; cassava; crystal structure; gels; hardness; pasting properties; rice; solubility; starch; swelling (materials); temperature; thermal stability; viscosity; water content
- ... The effects of single and dual heat–moisture treatment (HMT) of rice, cassava and pinhão starches at 100°C and 120°C were investigated. The starches were adjusted to 22% w.b. moisture content and subjected to single HMT (autoclaved for 2h) or dual HMT (after being autoclaved for 1h, the material was allowed to stand for 24h and was autoclaved again for more 1h). Starch crystallinity, solubility, s ...