Jump to Main Content
- Van Tendeloo, Leen, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Langmuir 2013 v.29 no.16 pp. 4998-5012
- adsorption; aluminum; calcium; carbon dioxide; cations; chemical industry; lithium; magnesium; methane; nitrogen; silicon; sodium; strontium; zeolites
- ... Selective separation of CO₂ is becoming one of the key technologies in the (petro-) chemical industry. This study focuses on the adsorption and separation of CO₂ from CH₄ on a new low-silica (LS) type of the eight-membered ring KFI zeolite. A series of alkali (Li, Na, K) and alkaline-earth (Mg, Ca, Sr) exchanged samples of the new LS KFI were synthesized and characterized. LS Li-KFI showed the lar ...
- Van Tendeloo, Leen, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemical communications 2013 v.49 no.100 pp. 11737-11739
- aluminum silicates; cations; chemical reactions; crystallization; sodium hydroxide; topology; zeolites
- ... Exposure of faujasite zeolites to different alkali hydroxide solutions readily yields zeolites with ABW, CHA, MER and ANA topologies. In NaOH faujasite persisted. Aside from new opportunities for zeolite synthesis, this reveals that a suitable aluminosilicate connectivity in the source material significantly facilitates zeolite crystallization. ...