Jump to Main Content
- Bitsadze, N.; Jaronski, S.; Khasdan, V.; Abashidze, E.; Abashidze, M.; Latchininsky, A.; Samadashvili, D.; Sokhadze, I.; Rippa, M.; Ishaaya, I.; Horowitz, A. R.
- Journal of pest science 2013 v.86 no.2 pp. 293
- diflubenzuron, etc ; Beauveria bassiana; Locusta migratoria migratorioides; biological control; biological control agents; corn; entomopathogenic fungi; insect control; integrated pest management; leaves; novaluron; nymphs; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Beauveria bassiana (Balsamo) Vuillemin and sublethal concentrations of the insect growth regulators (IGR) diflubenzuron and novaluron were applied simultaneously and sequentially to second-instar Locusta migratoria migratorioides (Sauss.) to determine the interaction between these materials and an entomopathogenic fungus. Nymphs were fed on corn leaf disks treated with several concentrations of ea ...
- Zhang, Xin; Yan Zhu, Kun
- Insect science 2013 v.20 no.2 pp. 158-166
- diflubenzuron, etc ; Anopheles gambiae; N-acetylglucosamine; chemical concentration; chitin; chitin synthase; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; insect control; insects; magnesium; melanization; pH; polymers; proteolysis; temperature; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Chitin synthase (CHS) is an important enzyme catalyzing the formation of chitin polymers in all chitin containing organisms and a potential target site for insect pest control. However, our understanding of biochemical properties of insect CHSs has been very limited. We here report enzymatic and inhibitory properties of CHS prepared from the African malaria mosquito, Anopheles gambiae. Our study, ...
- PubMed Central: