Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: iwona?
- Di Maio, Ilona, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.20 pp. 4953-4960
- technology; volatile compounds; crushing; electron microscopy; olives; esters; virgin olive oil; droplets; aldehydes; pastes
- ... The quality of virgin olive oil (VOO) is strictly related to the concentrations of phenolic and volatile compounds, which are strongly affected by the operative conditions of the VOO mechanical extraction process. The aim of this work is to study the impact of a new technology such as flash thermal conditioning (FTC) on olive paste structural modification and on VOO quality. The evaluation of oliv ...
- Di Maio, Ilona, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2013 v.138 no.2-3 pp. 1381-1391
- antioxidants; autoxidation; enzymatic reactions; fatty acids; freshness; genetic markers; high performance liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; virgin olive oil
- ... Secoiridoid derivatives are the most important antioxidants of virgin olive oil (VOO), and their oxidation products could be used as molecular markers of VOO freshness to define the VOO autoxidation state. The aim of this research was to characterise the dialdehydic form of decarboxymethyl elenolic acid linked to hydroxytyrosol (3,4-DHPEA-EDA) oxidation products to find analytical indicators that ...