Jump to Main Content
- Haines, D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2013 v.96 pp. 2349-2355
- antibiotic residues; cephapirin; colostrum; cows; kidneys; mass spectrometry; neonates; risk; suckling; veal; veal calves
- ... The objective was to conduct a study to investigate if violative meat residues are detected in very young bob veal calves that are fed first-milking colostrum harvested from cows that were dry treated, on-label, with cephapirin benzathine. First-milking colostrum was collected from cows that were given intramammary treatment at dry off, on-label, with cephapirin benzathine (ToMORROW, Boehringer In ...
- Haines, D., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2013 v.96 no.12 pp. 7649-7657
- 3-hydroxybutyric acid; Jersey; chickens; cortisol; dairy cows; eggs; fluorescence; free fatty acids; gestation period; glucose; immunoglobulin G; leukocytes; ovalbumin; phagocytosis; pregnancy; stocking rate
- ... Objectives were to evaluate the effects of a stable prepartum grouping strategy on innate immune parameters, antibody concentration, and cortisol and haptoglobin concentrations of Jersey cows. Cows (253±3d of gestation) were paired by gestation length and assigned randomly to the stable (all-in-all-out; AIAO) or traditional (TRD) treatment. In the AIAO treatment, groups of 44 cows were moved into ...