Jump to Main Content
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2013 v.153 no.1-2 pp. 83-90
- Carassius auratus; Carassius carassius; Edwardsiella tarda; antibacterial properties; antibodies; bacteria; bacterial infections; cell-mediated immunity; cytotoxic T-lymphocytes; cytotoxicity; fish; humoral immunity; immune response; kidneys; mammals; pathogens; spleen
- ... Edwardsiella tarda is an intracellular pathogen that causes edwardsiellosis in fish. Although cell-mediated immunity and innate immunity play a major role in protection against intracellular bacterial infection in mammals, their importance in protecting fish against E. tarda infection remain unclear. In this study, we examined cell-mediated and humoral immune responses in ginbuna crucian carp (Car ...
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2013 v.35 no.5 pp. 1591-1597
- Paralichthys olivaceus; Vibrio anguillarum; adaptive immunity; antigens; epithelial cells; flounder; gene expression regulation; gills; immune response; immunohistochemistry; inflammation; interleukin-6; interleukin-8; serotypes; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... The mucosal surfaces of fish allow for the introduction of foreign substances, including antigens, from the surrounding environment. In this study, uptake of Vibrio anguillarum J-O-3 serotype bacterin by Japanese flounder, and the subsequent immune responses were investigated. Immunohistochemistry revealed that the bacterin was taken up through the epithelial cells of gills. The transcription leve ...