Jump to Main Content
- Duan, Jiu-Fang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2013 v.5 no.8 pp. 3199-3207
- cellulose; chemical bonding; crosslinking; energy; ethylene glycol; hydrogels; mechanical properties; mechanical stress; modulus of elasticity; nanocomposites; nanocrystals; polyethylene glycol; viscoelasticity
- ... The preparation and mechanical properties of elastomeric nanocomposite hydrogels consisting of cellulose nanocrystals (CNCs) and poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) are reported. The aqueous nanocomposite CNC/PEG precursor solutions covalently cross-linked through a one-stage photocross-linking process. The mechanical properties of nanocomposite hydrogels, including Young’s modulus (E), fracture stress (σ ...
- Duan, Jiu-Fang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Cellulose 2013 v.20 no.1 pp. 227-237
- aqueous solutions; cellulose; chemical interactions; crosslinking; deformation; energy; extensibility; free radicals; hydrocolloids; models; nanocomposites; nanocrystals; polyacrylamide; polymerization; tensile strength
- ... The unique combinations of hard and soft components with core/shell structures were proposed to synthesize high strength nanocomposite hydrogels. The elastomeric hydrogels containing rod-like cellulose nanocrystals (CNCs) core and polyacrylamide shell were made from aqueous solutions via free radical polymerization in the absence of chemical cross-links. The obtained hydrogels possessed greater te ...