Jump to Main Content
- Framstad, Tore, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Livestock science 2013 v.157 no.1 pp. 210-217
- Pisum sativum; blood glucose; body condition; data collection; feed intake; gaining weight; lactation; landraces; nutritional intervention; pea protein; peas; protein concentrates; reproductive performance; sows; starch; weaning; weight loss; wheat
- ... The major by-product from the production of pea protein concentrate is pea starch, and this starch can be an alternative source of starch compared to for instance starch from wheat in diets for pigs. However, differences in energy utilization between pea starch and cereal starch could affect the animals' production performance. In this study data from 100 Norwegian Landrace x Yorkshire sows was co ...
- Framstad, Tore, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2013 v.110 no.3-4 pp. 429-434
- Influenza A virus; antibodies; at-risk population; biosecurity; cross-sectional studies; farms; herd size; human population; humans; influenza; monitoring; multipliers; pandemic; questionnaires; regression analysis; risk; risk factors; seroconversion; serotypes; spring; swine; viruses; Norway
- ... Influenza A viruses cause respiratory infection in humans and pigs, and some serotypes can be transmitted between these species. The emergence of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 virus infections in the spring of 2009 quickly led to a worldwide pandemic in humans, with subsequent introduction of the virus to pig populations. Following a widespread infection in the human population in Norway, influenza A(H1N ...