Jump to Main Content
- Maier, Helena J.; Hawes, Philippa C.; Cottam, Eleanor M.; Mantell, Judith; Verkade, Paul; Monaghan, Paul; Wileman, Tom; Britton, Paul
- mBio 2013 v.4 no.5 pp. e00801-13
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; Bromovirus; Infectious bronchitis virus; Nodaviridae; RNA; Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus; birds; cell culture; cell membranes; endoplasmic reticulum; epithelial cells; mammals; pathogens; poultry; tissue culture; tomography; virus replication; viruses; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Replication of positive-sense RNA viruses is associated with the rearrangement of cellular membranes. Previous work on the infection of tissue culture cell lines with the betacoronaviruses mouse hepatitis virus and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) showed that they generate double-membrane vesicles (DMVs) and convoluted membranes as part of a reticular membrane network. Here ...
- PubMed Central:
- Hanaki, Ken-Ichi; Ike, Fumio; Hatakeyama, Rika; Hirano, Norio
- Journal of virological methods 2013 v.187 no.2 pp. 222-227
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; cattle; feces; humans; mice; monitoring; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification; swine; viruses; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Mouse hepatitis virus (MHV) is one of the most prevalent viruses detected in laboratory mouse colonies. Enterotropic strains predominate in natural infections, and molecular techniques for the detection of MHV shedding in feces are powerful enough to diagnose active infections. A reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) technique was developed for the detection of rod ...
- Wang, Qing; Erickson, Marilyn C.; Ortega, Ynes; Cannon, Jennifer L.
- Journal of food protection 2013 v.76 no.1 pp. 85-92
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; cantaloupes; celery; humans; peeling; fresh produce; Hepatovirus A; models; sanitation; food preparation; cross contamination; honeydew melons; mice; viruses; water; Norovirus; carrots; nylon; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Human noroviruses and hepatitis A virus are responsible for numerous outbreaks associated with handling fresh produce. In this study, physical removal of hepatitis A virus and murine norovirus, a human norovirus surrogate, from contaminated produce items (honeydew melons, cantaloupes, carrots, and celery) by scrubbing under running water with a nylon brush or scouring pad and by peeling (carrots a ...