Jump to Main Content
- Nguyen, An P., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Analytical chemistry 2013 v.85 no.2 pp. 1097-1105
- Influenza A virus; children; humans; mass spectrometry; peptides; respiratory tract diseases; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; serotypes; viral proteins; viruses
- ... Parainfluenza viruses (PIVs) are one of the most common causes of respiratory tract infections in children and can be life-threatening when the airway becomes obstructed. Infection results in a spectrum of respiratory disease symptoms that makes diagnosis difficult. A new proteotyping approach employing high-resolution mass spectrometry is shown to be able to distinguish common human serotypes of ...
- An, P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2013 v.52 pp. 474-480
- ascorbate peroxidase; biomass; carbon dioxide; catalase; climate; corn; crop yield; deficit irrigation; enzyme activity; fertilizer rates; fertilizers; glutathione-disulfide reductase; irrigation rates; leaching; leaf water potential; leaves; lysimeters; nitrates; nutrient use efficiency; peroxidase; polymers; potassium sulfate; soil; soil amendments; superoxide dismutase; superphosphate; transpiration; urea; water content; water pollution
- ... Underground water pollution associated with nitrate leaching has become a major concern in areas with intensive cereal production; in areas with dry climates, water scarcity is the main limitation to crop production. We thus hypothesized that use of super absorbent polymers (SAP) may effectively increase nitrogen use efficiency by minimizing leaching and enhancing water and nitrate retention in th ...
- An, P., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Nutrition, metabolism, and cardiovascular diseases 2013 v.23 no.10 pp. 987-994
- adiponectin; diet; drugs; epidermal growth factor receptors; genes; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; humans; insulin resistance; linear models; metabolic diseases; signal transduction; single nucleotide polymorphism; therapeutics
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Adiponectin is an adipose-secreted protein that has been linked to changes in insulin sensitivity, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, and inflammatory patterns. Although fenofibrate therapy can raise adiponectin levels, treatment response is heterogeneous and heritable, suggesting a role for genetic mediators. This is the first genome-wide association study of fenofi ...
- PubMed Central: