Jump to Main Content
- Chiancone, Benedetta, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of essential oil-bearing plants 2013 v.16 no.1 pp. 92-101
- Citrus clementina; ancestry; anther culture; chemical composition; chemotypes; clementines; essential oils; gamma-terpinene; gas chromatography; gynogenesis; haploidy; heterozygosity; homozygosity; hybrids; leaves; linalool; mandarins; mass spectrometry; oils; oranges; parents; plant breeding; plant characteristics; pollen; principal component analysis; sabinene; tangors
- ... Clementine is a natural tangor, resulting from an interspecific cross between mandarin and sweet orange. Gametic embryogenesis, allowing the single-step development of complete homozygous line from the heterozygous parents, increases the efficiency of perennial crop breeding programs. Tri-haploids have been regenerated through pollen embryogenesis (specifically, by anther culture) of Citrus clemen ...
- Chiancone, Benedetta, et al. Show all 24 Authors
- BMC plant biology 2013 v.13 no.1 pp. 129
- Citrus clementina; alleles; diploidy; flow cytometry; gametogenesis; gene dosage; genotyping; haploidy; homozygosity; hybridization; loci; microsatellite repeats; nucleic acid hybridization; France; Italy; Spain
- ... BACKGROUND: Three gametoclonal plants of Citrus clementina Hort. ex Tan., cv. Nules, designated ESP, FRA, and ITA (derived from three labs in Spain, France, and Italy, respectively), were selected for cytological and molecular characterization in order to elucidate genomic rearrangements provoked by haploidization. The study included comparisons of their ploidy, homozygosity, genome integrity, and ...
- PubMed Central: