Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: davis?
- Davies, Linda, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2013 v.34 pp. 391-397
- chlorophyll; ecology; epiphytes; fluorescence; lichens; long term effects; ozone; pollutants; weather; wood
- ... The combined effects of water availability and ozone (O3) on chlorophyll a fluorescence (ChlaF) were studied in three epiphytic lichens selected for their different ecology. The samples were exposed in open top chambers (OTCs) under different watering regimes with O3 AOT40 in the range 0–50,000ppb. Further samples were exposed in a nearby wood, as controls. ChlaF measurements were taken before exp ...
- Davies, Linda, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2013 v.182 pp. 437-447
- Quercus; air; air pollution; air quality; branches; climate; ecosystems; indicator species; lichens; linear models; plant growth; pollutants; surveys; tree trunk; trees; volunteers; United Kingdom
- ... Air pollution has many negative effects on the natural environment, from changes in plant growth patterns to loss of ecosystem function. This study uses citizen science to investigate national-scale patterns in the distribution and abundance of selected lichen species on tree trunks and branches, and to relate these to air pollution and climate. Volunteers collected data for nine lichen indicators ...