Jump to Main Content
- Guo, Yangyang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Florida entomologist 2013 v.96 no.4 pp. 1489-1491
- Solenopsis invicta; field experimentation; larvae; phototaxis; public health; pupae; soil
- ... The red imported fire ant, Solenopsis invicta Buren (Hymenoptera: Formicidae), is an invasive ant of serious public health significance. In this study, a device and a protocol were developed for collecting brood of the red imported fire ant in the field. Field trials showed that within 30 min about 700 larvae and pupae plus about one half this number of workers were collected per device. This coll ...
- Guo, Yangyang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2013 v.27 no.1 pp. 360-366
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; activated carbon; adsorption; desorption; ion exchange chromatography; nitric oxide; sulfur dioxide; temperature
- ... The effects of various SO₂ and NO concentrations on the adsorption capacity of activated carbon were measured experimentally for sequential and simultaneous adsorption of SO₂ and NO in a fixed bed using an area integral calculation method. The results show that higher NO concentrations increase SO₂ adsorption, especially for CNO > 200 ppm; however, higher SO₂ concentrations restrict NO adsorption ...