Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: celia?
- Hiruma-Lima, Clélia Akiko, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of medicinal food 2013 v.16 no.12 pp. 1162-1167
- Citrus aurantium; blood chemistry; blood vessels; cell proliferation; essential oils; flavorings; gastric mucosa; humans; immunohistochemistry; limonene; models; mucus; proliferating cell nuclear antigen; prostaglandin synthase; rats; stomach ulcers; tissue weight; toxicity; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Previous studies have described the gastroprotective effects of essential oils that are derived from Citrus aurantium (OEC) and its main compound d-limonene (LIM) in a model of chemically induced ulcers in rats. However, these studies do not address the compound's healing effects on the gastric mucosa. Thus, the aim of this work was to evaluate the healing activity of OEC and LIM in acetic acid-in ...
- Hiruma-Lima, Clélia Akiko, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2013 v.150 no.3 pp. 1016-1023
- Vochysiaceae; anti-inflammatory activity; bark; blood; castor oil; diarrhea; ethanol; gastrointestinal motility; ileum; inflammation; medicinal plants; mice; models; mucus; necrosis; oral administration; oxidative stress; rats; surveys; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE: An ethnopharmacological survey indicated that the bark from Qualea parviflora Mart. (Vochysiaceae) could be used to treat gastrointestinal disorders, such as diarrhea and intestinal inflammation. The objective of this study was to evaluate the effects of a methanolic extract from the bark of Qualea parviflora (QP) in an experimental model of diarrhea and intestinal ...
- Hiruma Lima, Clélia Akiko, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Natural medicines 2013 v.67 no.3 pp. 480-491
- Asteraceae; aerial parts; chloroform; ethanol; ethyl acetate; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; indigenous species; lipid peroxidation; malondialdehyde; models; mucus; myeloperoxidase; nitric oxide; nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents; prostaglandins; pylorus; secretion; stomach ulcers; superoxide dismutase; South America
- ... Flavonoid-rich Praxelis clematidea (Griseb.) R.M.King & H.Robinson (Asteraceae) is a native plant of South America. This study evaluates the gastroprotective activity and possible mechanisms for both the chloroform (CHCl₃P) and ethyl acetate phases (AcOEtP) obtained from aerial parts of the plant. The activity was investigated using acute models of gastric ulcer. Gastric secretion biochemical para ...