Jump to Main Content
- Holma, Anne, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2013 v.54 pp. 215-228
- electricity; land use change; environmental impact; lignocellulose; uncertainty; ecosystem services; greenhouse gas emissions; infrastructure; early development; feedstocks; soil quality; life cycle assessment; biodiesel; biodiversity; microalgae; climate; forests
- ... The growing need to use biofuel raw materials that do not compete with food and feed have resulted in a growing interest in lignocellulosic materials and microalgae. However, the life cycle environmental benefits of both biofuels have been questioned. The aim of this study was to evaluate how environmental sustainability of forest-based and microalgae biodiesel can be estimated by using the life c ...
- Holma, Anne, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- international journal of life cycle assessment 2013 v.18 no.3 pp. 567-576
- climate; climate change; coal; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; land use change; life cycle assessment; long term effects; peat; soil; vegetation; Finland; Sweden
- ... PURPOSE: There has been lively debate, especially in Finland and Sweden, on the climate impacts of peat fuel. Previous studies of peat fuel's life-cycle climate impacts were controversial in their interpretation. The aim of this paper is conclusive examination of the issues of LCA methodology, derived from critical review of previous studies and recalculation based on the latest knowledge of green ...