Jump to Main Content
- Jeżewski, Witold, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Journal of parasitology 2013 v.99 no.3 pp. 487-489
- Nototheniidae; Trematoda; dimensions; eggs; fish; testes; uterus; Antarctic region
- ... Macvicaria magellanica n. sp. (Digenea: Opecoelidae) is the third representative of this genus occurring in fish in the Magellanic sub-region of sub-Antarctica and the first one found in sub-coastal waters in this area (the Beagle Channel). Its main taxonomic features include an elongate body, oral:ventral sucker ratio based on widths of 1.0:1.52–1.98, cirrus sac reaching to level of posterior hal ...
- Jeżewski, Witold, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2013 v.198 no.3-4 pp. 401-405
- Aelurostrongylus; Apodemus agrarius; Arion; Felidae; amphibians; birds; cats; epidemiology; ingestion; lungworms; medicine; paratenic hosts; reptiles; rodents; slugs; snails
- ... The cat lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus affects the domestic cats and other felids all over the world. Feline aelurostrongylosis is of importance in clinical feline medicine. Snails and slugs are the intermediate hosts, but the cat is probably infected by eating paratenic hosts, e.g., rodents, birds, amphibians and reptiles. Herein we present the first finding of A. abstrusus in a naturally in ...