Jump to Main Content
- Maughan, Peter J., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Field crops research 2013 v.154 pp. 91
- Hordeum vulgare; agronomic traits; barley; breeding; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; crop production; falcons; feed barley; foods; genes; genomics; gibberellic acid; inbred lines; lodging; microsatellite repeats; quantitative trait loci; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Plant height and spike length and angle are important agronomic traits in the production of barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) due to strong correlations with lodging and disease. The objective of this study was to use QTL analysis to identify genetic regions associated with each trait in a recombinant inbred line (RIL) mapping population derived from a cross of Falcon by Azhul. Falcon is a spring six-ro ...
- Maughan, Peter J., et al. Show all 38 Authors
- Avena sativa; Brachypodium; chromosomes; complementary DNA; genetic markers; genome; genomics; genotyping; hexaploidy; hybrids; linkage groups; models; monosomics; oats; progeny; rice; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... A physically anchored consensus map is foundational to modern genomics research; however, construction of such a map in oat (Avena sativa L., 2 n = 6 x = 42) has been hindered by the size and complexity of the genome, the scarcity of robust molecular markers, and the lack of aneuploid stocks. Resources developed in this study include a modified SNP discovery method for complex genomes, a diverse s ...
- PubMed Central: