Jump to Main Content
- Niki, Etsuo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2013 v.138 no.1 pp. 298-305
- Apios americana; alcohols; antioxidant activity; breasts; carcinoma; cell membranes; enzymes; free radicals; gene expression; glutathione; heme; humans; isoflavones; soybeans
- ... Groundnut (Apios americana Medik) contains a novel isoflavone, genistein-7-O-gentiobioside. In the present study, we examined the biological activities of an alcohol extract of groundnut containing genistein-7-O-gentiobioside as the main component. Although the groundnut extract by itself did not show antioxidative activity, it drove the antioxidative system in cells. Pretreatment of human breast ...
- Niki, Etsuo, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Environmental toxicology 2013 v.28 no.2 pp. 61-75
- apoptosis; carcinoma; cell viability; chromium; culture media; cytotoxicity; industrial applications; nanoparticles; oxidative stress; reactive oxygen species
- ... Chromium(III) oxide (Cr₂O₃) is used for industrial applications such as catalysts and pigments. In the classical form, namely the fine particle, Cr₂O₃ is insoluble and chemically stable. It is classified as a low‐toxicity chromium compound. Recently, industrial application of nanoparticles (a new form composed of small particles with a diameter of ≤100 nm, in at least one dimension) has been incre ...