Jump to Main Content
- Okano, Hideyuki, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Aquaculture 2013 v.380-383 pp. 114-119
- Takifugu rubripes; cold stress; diploidy; eggs; fish; genetic techniques and protocols; genome; gynogenesis; homozygosity; microsatellite repeats; models; single nucleotide polymorphism; spermatozoa; ultraviolet radiation
- ... The compact genome of torafugu (Takifugu rubripes) is a useful model for annotating the vertebrate genomes. However, the currently incomplete assembly of the torafugu genome has decreased its value for genetic and genomic analyses. This is partly due to the usage of naturally heterozygous diploid genome as a starting material. Therefore, we generated mito-gynogenetic torafugu using the eggs fertil ...
- Okano, Hideyuki, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.11 pp. 4339-4344
- arsenic; cell culture; cell death; clinical trials; epidermal growth factor receptors; gene overexpression; genes; leukemia; mice; neoplasm cells; patients; therapeutics
- ... Despite their nearly universal activation of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling, glioblastomas (GBMs) are strikingly resistant to mTOR-targeted therapy. We analyzed GBM cell lines, patient-derived tumor cell cultures, and clinical samples from patients in phase 1 clinical trials, and find that the promyelocytic leukemia (PML) gene mediates resistance to mTOR-targeted therapies. Direct ...
- PubMed Central: