Jump to Main Content
- Schwemmle, Martin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Cellular and molecular life sciences 2013 v.70 no.22 pp. 4399-4410
- Borna disease virus; astrocytes; central nervous system; fibroblasts; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hosts; innate immunity; interferon-alpha; mice; neurons; proteins; rats; secretion
- ... Borna disease virus (BDV) persistently infects neurons of the central nervous system of various hosts, including rats. Since type I IFN-mediated antiviral response efficiently blocks BDV replication in primary rat embryo fibroblasts, it has been speculated that BDV is not effectively sensed by the host innate immune system in the nervous system. To test this assumption, organotypical rat hippocamp ...
- Schwemmle, Martin, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.5 pp. 1899-1904
- Borna disease; cell viability; crossing; genetic background; genome-wide association study; loci; neonates; neurons; progeny; rats; virus replication; viruses
- ... Infection of newborn rats with Borne disease virus (BDV) results in selective degeneration of granule cell neurons of the dentate gyrus (DG). To study cellular countermechanisms that might prevent this pathology, we screened for rat strains resistant to this BDV-induced neuronal degeneration. To this end, we infected hippocampal slice cultures of different rat strains with BDV and analyzed for the ...
- PubMed Central: