Jump to Main Content
- Stick, John A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2013 v.74 no.12 pp. 1481-1486
- adults; blood; cannulas; forelimbs; horses; lameness; ligaments
- ... Objective—To determine the microvascular anatomy of the suspensory ligament of the forelimb of horses. Sample—17 cadaveric forelimbs from 9 adult horses with no known history of forelimb lameness. Procedures—The median artery of the forelimb was cannulated proximal to the antebrachiocarpal joint and injected with contrast medium for CT evaluation of the gross vasculature (n = 2) or India ink to ev ...
- Stick, John A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2013 v.74 no.9 pp. 1231-1238
- collagen; exercise; gelatinase A; gene expression; genetic markers; hemorrhage; horses; immunohistochemistry; lungs; messenger RNA; morphometry; platelet-derived growth factor; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; transforming growth factor beta; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Objective-To determine the effects of 2 weeks of intense exercise on expression of markers of pulmonary venous remodeling in the caudodorsal and cranioventral regions of the lungs of horses. Animals-6 horses. Procedures-Tissue samples of the caudodorsal and cranioventral regions of lungs were obtained before and after conditioning and 2 weeks of intense exercise. Pulmonary veins were isolated, and ...