Jump to Main Content
- Hsu, Yu-Chwen; Jane, Wann-Neng; Chen, Su-Hwa
- Plant systematics and evolution 2013 v.299 no.6 pp. 1057-1064
- Trochodendron aralioides, etc ; exine; microsporogenesis; xylem vessels; callose; wood; developmental stages; cytokinesis; flowers; trees; plasma membrane; meiosis; pollen; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... This study aimed to elucidate the anther wall development, pollen wall development, and exine structure of Trochodendron aralioides Siebold and Zuccarini, a tree with primitive vessels but long considered to lack vessel elements in its wood. The anther wall is the basic type: epidermis, endothecium layer, three middle layers, and tapetum. The anther tapetum is glandular and cells are uniseriate. M ...
- Hiraiwa, Tokiko; Toyoizumi, Tatsuya; Ishiguri, Futoshi; Iizuka, Kazuya; Yokota, Shinso; Yoshizawa, Nobuo
- Trochodendron aralioides, etc ; acid insoluble lignin; cell walls; glucose; growth promotion; hemicellulose; seedlings; stems; tension wood; tracheids; xylose; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... To assess the characteristics of tension wood (TW) in Trochodendron aralioides Sieb. et Zucc., seedling stems were artificially inclined at angles of 30° (TW- 30), 50° (TW-50), and 70° (TW-70) from the vertical. At all angles, the growth promotion was pronounced on the upper side of the inclined stems, where excessive tensile growth stress was observed. A gelatinous layer (G-layer) formed in the t ...