Jump to Main Content
- Manchester, Steven R.; Kapgate, Dashrath K.; Wen, Jun
- American journal of botany 2013 v.100 no.9 pp. 1849-1859
- Vitaceae, etc ; fossils; fruits; grapes; phylogeny; seeds; tectonics; testa; Eurasia; Europe; India; North America; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... • Premise of the study: Despite the inferred Cretaceous origin of the Vitaceae, fossils of the grape family are relatively young, with the oldest previously known examples limited to the Paleocene of Europe and North America. New fossil evidence indicates that the family was already present in India in the Late Cretaceous (Maastrichtian), about 10-15 million years before the tectonic collision of ...
- Abbasi, Arshad Mehmood; Khan, Mir Ajab; Khan, Nadeem; Shah, Munir H.
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2013 v.148 no.2 pp. 528-536
- Vitaceae, etc ; Arecaceae; Berberis; Diospyros lotus; Ficus carica; Lycium; Morus alba; Morus nigra; Olea; Pyrus; Ziziphus mauritiana; Ziziphus nummularia; bark; branches; butter; climatic factors; cultural heritage; flowers; food plants; fruits; ghee; interviews; juices; latex; leaves; markets; milk; questionnaires; roots; seeds; socioeconomic factors; surveys; Show all 32 Subjects
- ... ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE: Present survey was conducted to explore ethnomedicinal uses and cultural importance of wild edible fruits species by the inhabitants of Lesser Himalayas-Pakistan. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Information was obtained through informed consent semi-structured interviews, questionnaires, market survey, focus group conversation, unceremonious dialogue and village walks with k ...