Jump to Main Content
- Yamada, Takuji, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of bacteriology 2013 v.195 no.5 pp. 941-950
- bacteriology; bacteriophages; data collection; ecology; evolution; genetic variation; hosts; metagenomics; multigene family; prokaryotic cells; proviruses
- ... Viruses are the most abundant biological entities on earth and encompass a vast amount of genetic diversity. The recent rapid increase in the number of sequenced viral genomes has created unprecedented opportunities for gaining new insight into the structure and evolution of the virosphere. Here, we present an update of the phage orthologous groups (POGs), a collection of 4,542 clusters of ortholo ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yamada, Takuji, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Genome announcements 2013 v.1 no.4 pp. e00577-13
- Rhodovulum sulfidophilum; bacteria; multigene family; nucleotide sequences; photosynthesis
- ... We report the draft genome sequence of the purple photosynthetic bacterium Rhodovulum sulfidophilum. The photosynthesis gene cluster comprises two segments—a unique feature among photosynthesis gene clusters of purple bacteria. The genome information will be useful for further analysis of bacterial photosynthesis. ...