Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Guolong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Peptides 2013 v.50 pp. 129-138
- butyrates; cathelicidins; dietary supplements; disease control; drug therapy; epithelial cells; free fatty acids; gene expression; humans; immunomodulation; inflammation; medium chain fatty acids; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; short chain fatty acids; sodium
- ... LL-37 is the single cathelicidin host defense peptide in humans with direct antimicrobial and immunomodulatory activities. Specific regulation of LL-37 synthesis has emerged as a novel non-antibiotic approach to disease control and prevention. Short-chain fatty acids, and butyrate in particular, were found recently to be strong inducers of LL-37 gene expression without causing inflammation. Here, ...
- Zhang, Guolong, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chemosphere 2013 v.91 pp. 139-144
- Triticum aestivum; environmental factors; exposure duration; food chain; food crops; pH; perfluorocarbons; pollutants; roots; salinity; shoots; soil; sorption; temperature; uptake mechanisms; wheat
- ... Perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) is a highly persistent organic pollutant which has raised many concerns in recent years. Research focusing on plant uptake of PFOS is very necessary when considering its risk of transfer from soil into food chain. In this work, the uptake of PFOS by wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) which is the most main food crop in northern China, was studied. To predict the kinetic ...