Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Baohua; Skory, Christopher D.; Yang, Shang-Tian
- Metabolic Engineering 2012 v.14 no.5 pp. 512
- Rhizopus oryzae; biosynthesis; byproducts; carbon; ethanol; fermentation; fumaric acid; gene overexpression; genes; glucose; metabolic engineering; oxygen; pellets; phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase; pyruvate carboxylase; resins
- ... Fumaric acid,a dicarboxylic acid used as a food acidulant and in manufacturing synthetic resins, can beproduced from glucose in fermentation by Rhizopus oryzae. However, the fumaric acid yield is limited by the co-production of ethanol and other byproducts. To increase fumaric acid production, over-expressing endogenous pyruvate carboxylase (PYC) and exogenous phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase (PEPC ...
- Yang, Dong; Li, Wenli; Huang, Sheng-Xiong; Shen, Ben
- Organic letters 2012 v.14 no.5 pp. 1302-1305
- Streptomyces griseochromogenes; biosynthesis; chemical structure; decarboxylation; molecular cloning; multigene family; organic compounds; oxidation; sequence analysis
- ... The tautomycetin (TTN) biosynthetic gene cluster has been recently cloned and sequenced from Streptomyces griseochromogenes, unveiling four genes, ttnCDFI, as candidates to encode the tailoring steps for TTN biosynthesis. It is reported that (i) TtnC plays no essential role in TTN biosynthesis, (ii) TtnI catalyzes C-5 oxidation, and (iii) combining the previous findings with TtnFD, the tailoring s ...
- PubMed Central: