Jump to Main Content
- Takeuchi, Toru; Matsuki, Rikyu; Nashimoto, Makoto
- Urban ecosystems 2012 v.15 no.1 pp. 181-193
- Internet; Nyctereutes procyonoides; forests; global positioning systems; golf courses; habitats; humans; land use; paddies; rice; roads; telemetry; towns; weeds; wildlife; Japan
- ... We tested instantaneous GPS cell phone telemetry to record movement data of raccoon dogs (Nyctereutes procyonoides) in Abiko city, Greater Tokyo, Japan. We monitored the changes in locations of six raccoon dogs in various land use types such as roads, golf courses, towns, rice and crop paddies, and forest. Data were downloaded instantaneously using cell phone networks and the internet, remotely to ...
- Boschetti, Fabio
- Environmental science & policy 2012 v.15 no.1 pp. 125-135
- Internet; climate change; cognition; environmental science; humans; issues and policy; mathematical models; politics
- ... The public discourse on climate change which occurs in the media, on the internet, in casual conversations and in the political debate, inevitably involves a considerable simplification of the functioning of the ‘real’ earth system. Among other reasons, it is so because cognitive limitations prevent humans to mentally evaluate the long term dynamics of many interacting variables. Nevertheless, thi ...