Jump to Main Content
- Getachew, Melaku; Ambelu, Argaw; Tiku, Seid; Legesse, Worku; Adugna, Aynalem; Kloos, Helmut
- Ecological indicators 2012 v.15 no.1 pp. 63-71
- Bubulcus ibis; Coleoptera; Diptera; Gastropoda; Hemiptera; Odonata; Vanellus; anthropogenic activities; data collection; ducks; geese; habitats; humans; macroinvertebrates; multivariate analysis; nitrates; physicochemical properties; population dynamics; stakeholders; wetlands; Ethiopia
- ... A comparative study of macroinvertebrates and bird communities was undertaken to assess the ecological integrity and human impact in Cheffa Wetland, northeastern Ethiopia. The study was undertaken from February to May 2010. Physicochemical parameters of the water, birds, macroinvertebrates and human impact classes were assessed at 10 sites in the wetland exposed to different anthropogenic activiti ...
- Korpinen, Samuli; Meski, Laura; Andersen, Jesper H.; Laamanen, Maria
- Ecological indicators 2012 v.15 no.1 pp. 105-114
- European Union; anthropogenic activities; cumulative distribution; ecosystems; humans; nutrients; organic matter; population density; toxic substances; watersheds; Gulf of Bothnia; Gulf of Finland
- ... The EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive requires Member States to estimate the level of human impacts on their marine waters. We report the first attempt to quantify the magnitude and distribution of cumulative impacts of anthropogenic pressures for an entire regional sea, the Baltic Sea. We used a method which takes account of the sensitivity of different ecosystem components and gives scores ...