Jump to Main Content
- Garcia, Daiana; Ramos, Antonio J.; Sanchis, Vicente; Marín, Sonia
- International journal of food microbiology 2012 v.153 no.1-2 pp. 21-27
- Fusarium fujikuroi, etc ; diet; seeds; corn; aflatoxins; plant extracts; Equisetum arvense; fungi; Stevia rebaudiana; water activity; antioxidants; Aspergillus flavus; antifungal properties; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Cereals are a very important part of the human and animal diets. However, agricultural products can be contaminated by moulds and their mycotoxins. Plant extracts, particularly those of Equisetum arvense and Stevia rebaudiana have been reported previously to contain antioxidant compounds which may have antifungal properties. In this study, E. arvense and S. rebaudiana extracts were tested for thei ...
- Rajasekaran, Kanniah; Sakhanokho, Hamidou F.; Tabanca, Nurhayat
- Journal of crop improvement 2012 v.26 no.3 pp. 389-396
- Fusarium fujikuroi, etc ; leaf extracts; risk; storage conditions; spores; antifungal agents; essential oils; plant fats and oils; aflatoxins; fungi; Hedychium; fumonisins; growth retardation; rhizomes; Aspergillus flavus; antifungal properties; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Plant-derived antifungal compounds are preferred to chemicals to reduce the risk of toxic effects on humans, livestock, and the environment. Essential oil extracted from rhizomes and plant extracts of ornamental ginger lily (Hedychium spp.) were evaluated for their antifungal activity against two fungi, Aspergillus flavus and Fusarium verticillioides, that produce two major classes of mycotoxins, ...