Jump to Main Content
- Trumble, John T., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of economic entomology 2012 v.105 no.5 pp. 1509-1519
- Bactericera cockerelli; Capsicum; Geocoris pallens; Hemiptera; Hippodamia convergens; Orius tristicolor; Solanum americanum; Solanum lycopersicum; Solanum tuberosum; Triozidae; cages; integrated pest management; natural enemies; pests; population dynamics; potatoes; sweet peppers; tomatoes; California
- ... Bactericera cockerelli (Sulc) (Hemiptera: Triozidae) is a major pest of potato, (Solanum tuberosum L.), tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.), and peppers (Capsicum spp.). The purpose of our research was to identify and determine the impact of natural enemies on B. cockerelli population dynamics. Through 2 yr of field studies (2009–2010) at four different sites and laboratory feeding tests, we identifi ...
- Trumble, John T, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Pest management science 2012 v.68 no.6 pp. 865-869
- Bactericera cockerelli; Hemiptera; Triozidae; leaves; pest management; pests; potatoes
- ... BACKGROUND: The potato psyllid is a serious pest of potatoes. Sampling plans on potatoes for the potato psyllid have yet to be developed, thus the authors' objectives were (1) to determine the most efficient within‐plant sampling unit, (2) to determine the spatial dispersion of potato psyllids in potato fields and (3) to develop a binomial sequential sampling plan for this pest. RESULTS: Significa ...