Jump to Main Content
- Geurden, T.; Vanderstichel, R.; Pohle, H.; Ehsan, A.; von Samson-Himmelstjerna, G.; Morgan, E.R.; Camuset, P.; Capelli, G.; Vercruysse, J.; Claerebout, E.
- Veterinary parasitology 2012 v.190 no.3-4 pp. 383-390
- calf housing, etc ; Giardia lamblia; Holstein; calves; dairy animals; disinfection; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; farms; feces; genes; genotyping; risk factors; triose-phosphate isomerase; France; Germany; Italy; United Kingdom; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The present study aimed to obtain data on the occurrence of Giardia duodenalis in calves in four major cattle rearing countries in Europe (Germany, UK, France and Italy), along with genotyping data and risk factors associated with these infections. A total of 2072 calves were sampled on 207 farms. The majority of the animals were Holstein dairy or mixed Holstein calves (n=1565 or 75.5%), and were ...
- Brscic, M.; Leruste, H.; Heutinck, L.F.M.; Bokkers, E.A.M.; Wolthuis-Fillerup, M.; Stockhofe, N.; Gottardo, F.; Lensink, B.J.; Cozzi, G.; Van Reenen, C.G.
- Journal of dairy science 2012 v.95 no.5 pp. 2753-2764
- calf housing, etc ; cross-sectional studies; disease prevention; equipment; farms; finishing; lungs; meat inspection; nose; pneumonia; risk factors; slaughter; slaughterhouses; veal; veal calves; veterinarians; France; Italy; Netherlands; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The study aimed to assess the in vivo and postmortem prevalence of respiratory disorders in veal calves and investigate risk factors associated with them. A cross-sectional study was carried out in 174 farms in the 3 major veal meat–producing countries in Europe (50 in France, 100 in the Netherlands, and 24 in Italy). Trained veterinarians visually evaluated individual calves of 1 batch per farm a ...