Jump to Main Content
- B EROL
- Journal of earth system science 2012 v.121 no.3 pp. 823-835
- monitoring; Earth system science; models; gravity; spectral analysis; case studies; algorithms; satellites; Turkey (country)
- ... As the number of Earth geopotential models (EGM) grows with the increasing number of data collected by dedicated satellite gravity missions, CHAMP, GRACE and GOCE, measuring the differences among the models and monitoring the improvements in gravity field recovery are required. This study assesses the performance of recent EGMs derived from CHAMP, GRACE, and other data in comparison to the earlier ...
- MEHMET ŞENER; MUSTAFA KORKANÇ; M FURKAN ŞENER; SELMA YAŞAR KORKANÇ; F ZAFER ÖZGÜR
- Journal of earth system science 2012 v.121 no.5 pp. 1305-1315
- peat; floors; gases; urban areas; gas emissions; risk; carbon dioxide; public health; biochemical polymorphism; peatlands; soil air; health hazards; people; hydrogen sulfide; volatile compounds; pipes; Earth system science; toxic substances; buildings; toxicity; swamps; methane; Turkey (country)
- ... Toxic gases evolving from the soil in urbanized peatland regions constitute a serious hazard since buildings may be subject to the direct ingress of volatiles into the structures. Peat formed in swamp and rarely exposed to subaerial conditions has been associated with the development of the folded foreland of the Quaternary Kayseri pull-apart basin. The peat deposit is extensively urbanized but so ...