Jump to Main Content
- White, Piran C. L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The journal of animal ecology 2012 v.81 no.2 pp. 463-471
- animal communities; beaches; body size; habitats; invertebrates; particle size; United Kingdom
- ... 1. The nature of abundance–body size relationships in animal communities, and especially the drivers behind the observed patterns, have been a focus of persistent debate in animal ecology. In a recent review, Allen et al. (2006) categorized five mechanistic explanations behind the commonly observed polymodality in these relationships: energetic constraints; phylogenetic constraints; biogeographica ...
- White, Piran C L, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2012 v.8 no.1 pp. 454
- Meles meles; badgers; bovine tuberculosis; cattle; group size; hosts; models; prediction; probability; stochastic processes; wildlife; Ireland; United Kingdom
- ... BACKGROUND: The persistence of bovine TB (bTB) in various countries throughout the world is enhanced by the existence of wildlife hosts for the infection. In Britain and Ireland, the principal wildlife host for bTB is the badger (Meles meles). The objective of our study was to examine the dynamics of bTB in badgers in relation to both badger-derived infection from within the population and externa ...
- PubMed Central: